Sunday, November 23, 2014

Today I'm thankful for....



Today I am so thankful for my local church body. 
It started looking up at the worship team. Of the 9 people singing and playing instruments at the front of the church, one is a former Sunday school teacher and now his son is in my preschool nursery class.  One is my current Sunday school teacher, I graduated with his daughter and his granddaughter was in my pre k class last year. 10 years ago his family and my family took financial peace university together. One guy is the dad of one of the little boys in my class and his wife helps lead the special needs ministry where I get to volunteer.  One of the ladies is the youth pastor's wife and she is also a homeschool mom in my family's co-op!  Three others are all in my new Sunday school class or home group.  That's a lot of connection with 7 of the 9 people on the stage in a church of 700+ people.  The man sitting next to me is part of a family that is truly an extension of my own family. One row up and to the left is the man who was my youth leader when I was in 6th grade at a different church!  Behind me and to the right is a lady who stood up and spoke and blessed me at my high school graduation.  This is truly my family. They've known me and loved on me and supported for the last decade across 4 different countries and back.  I am so blessed. 

(And then the icing on the cake when the intro video starts for the series and it tells us to spend less on presents so that we can give more of our presence and then we have extra money to give to those who are actually hurting and in need! I love this church!)

No comments:

Post a Comment