Saturday, November 1, 2014

THIS is the day....




So I woke up earlier than I wanted on my day off.  Early, and in pain.  Early and with allergies having spring break in my sinuses.  And I thought, "looks like it's going to be one of those days."  But then mercies of mercies, I had a second thought, "and what kind of day is that?"

"This is still the day that the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it." 

(Shout out to my parents who thought singing that to us with lots of enthusiasm first thing in the morning was a great way to wake us up when we were little. Their other favorite was "Rise, and Shine, and Give God the glory glory.... yah. we were definitely one of those families. ;-D) 

So what if I woke up early? I got to hug my parents goodbye before they left for vacation.

So what if my throat hurts? I have a little cupboard full of yummy teas to help me feel better.

So what if my nose is pretending it's a see-saw going back and forth between stuffy and runny every few seconds? My mom buys us "Puff's+lotion" in bulk for days exactly like this.

So what if my shoulder is stiff? I slept on a mattress with not one but two pillows in a climate controlled room under a fluffy comforter. (me and my bed. not the whole room. ;-D)  I'm still living in luxury most of the world can't even imagine.

And the sun is still rising through the trees. and the microwave dings that the water for my tea is hot, and yes. This IS the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment