Friday, October 31, 2014

TNT Day 31 - Worth more than the sum of all my tries.

This is the last post in a 31 day series about Learning New Things. 

Day 31

I was sipping my tea this morning trying to wake up and feeling extremely grateful that baby P was taking a nap, and I suddenly had a thought that I felt like I should keep.  My notebook was on the other side of the room and I couldn't be bothered to stand up and get it, so I opened my handy dandy notes app and typed the following...

My worth is not dependent on where I live, who I know, what I weigh, how often I blog, how many comments I get, or anything else related to what I do.  My worth does not fluctuate with my emotional stability or lack thereof. There is no correlation between my past or future ministry and my inherent value.  Nothing that anyone else says, does, or thinks can alter my worth. 

My value comes from God who calls me by name. He calls me His beloved child. His friend. His bride.  He made me unique, and He delights in me and rejoices over me with singing.  He declares that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. He says I am worthy. 

And He says the exact same thing about each and every one of you my friends.  How different would our lives be if we walked in this truth minute by minute? I wish I did! But I know I forget this eternal truth more often than I remember. But I'm learning. :-)

This month has been such an amazing journey. I've learned so much about myself! I've learned lots of things to do differently next year! ;-)  But I think I want to have a TNT post a few times a month. Either Tuesday's New Thing or Thursday's New Thing maybe? ;-)

November will probably be mostly focused on getting ready to move and then moving and then setting up my new apartment! We get our keys 2 weeks from today!  (scroll down for a sneak peek of an idea I had to turn a lovely limitation into a beautiful imperfection. :-D )

*
*
*
*
*

And here is are some inspiration photos I collected for ideas of what to do with this sad little mini wall in my new apartment. I'm thinking of putting a frame around the thermostat and using command strips to layer frames on top of the door. :-)
I was being lazy and taking screen shots on my phone when I made this collage. But according to google, the bottom left photo was taken from housetohomeblog.com. I don't know where the others came from. my screen shots don't tell me. :-(



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words and a great reminder for all of us. Also you frame idea is cute, and I can't wait to see the real thing when it is done, :) Stopping in from the 31 Day Survivors group.

    ReplyDelete