Thursday, October 30, 2014

Look at her go!

This post is part of a 31 day series about learning to try. 

Day 30

This is the second to last day! This month has been such an incredible adventure! Thanks for putting up with me and my only-out-there-to-me shenanigans. ;-D

  I had so many things I could have written about tonight. A follow up to the rug painting saga.  The new things I tried today.  But I want to keep it simple and just share what the amazing Miss K did today.  Miss K is 4 going on 40 and I have been her babysitter for almost exactly a year now.  In that whole time she has never been willing to go outside by herself, despite having had permission to do so for a little while now. Until today. 

Today she and I and her little sister A were all playing outside on the swings and I needed to go inside to start cooking dinner.  Miss K had been doing a great job of swinging by herself tonight with only occasional help from me for an extra boost or to get started.  I didn't want to throw off her momentum so I instead of saying it was time to go inside, I asked K if she wanted to stay outside by herself and keep swinging like a big girl. She paused only a moment, and declared she was big and she would keep swinging. But she did want one last big push ;-).  And so Little A and I went inside and waved through the window and K kept lifting herself above the trees and into the sky.  I pray she never becomes afraid of trying to fly! 


3 comments:

  1. I love when kids get the confidence to gain a little independence. This reminded me a little bit of a day when I took a shower and my son had decided to make me toast when I was in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to not be afraid to fly again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet my oldest will be 3 in December. He is so much more brave than I can ever pretend to be. He inspires me to TRY everyday. I love their hearts and when they get enough courage to try they really do soar!

    ReplyDelete