Monday, October 20, 2014

Successfully avoided getting a pat down at the airport! Yay!

This post is part of a 31 day series about learning to try.

Day 20

So I'm not a frequent flyer, but I have been on enough trips to have learned a trick or too.  If I'm going to check a bag, I keep all my liquids in it so I don't have to mess with 3oz bottles and the zip lock bag at security. To keep the metal detector happy I leave off all belts, watches, and jewelry. I've learned that long full skirts and baggy hoodies will get you a pat down because you could be hiding something so I try to wear more fitted clothing. I make sure my shoes are comfy slip-ons so I can easily get them off and on if required.  But when I flew to Atlanta on Saturday, I STILL had to get stopped and patted down because get this... there were "rhinestones on my back pockets" translation... There was too much bling on my butt! :-P  All the sparklies could have potentially been hiding some horribly dangerous something or other. :-P

But I wore a different outfit flying back today and I didn't have any problems! Yay! I have mastered the system! :-)

Also visited The Varsity which is an iconic Atlanta drive-in/dine-in diner and an awesome Goodwill where I found the most amazing giant dictionary ever for $4 and then managed to fit it into my carry-on! (I didn't check a bag this trip since I was only gone two nights)

I will try to remember to add pictures later but tonight I'm too tired. My friends wore me out this weekend but I enjoyed every minute of it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment