Sunday, October 5, 2014

The bigger tries.

*** This post is part of a 31 day series about learning to try. ***

Day 5.

Today I'm trying not to try.  Technically I did try my new mini pancakes this morning, but that was born out of running very late, not from a spirit of freedom and adventure.  Not that tries are only valid in that context, but now I'm rambling...  (Side note. Typing on my new phone. Both exciting and annoying while I get used to the screen protector.)

Today I want to write about the bigger "tries" or goals that I have this month.  What all my little tries will hopefully add up to.  

My room: I'm hoping to turn my bedroom into a space that is peaceful and relaxing. Cohesive and grownup. Sophisticated and whimsical. Eclectic, mixing modern and vintage. I don't want it to look like it belongs to a teenager or my great grandmother.  Which will be a challenge since I'm working with lace and butterflies and old books!  

One more important element is that I'm moving in the next few months to an apartment! Very nervous excited, but it means I'm thinking not just about the brown walls I have now but the white or light walls I will most likely have at my new digs. 

The other big try I have for the moment is learning more about blogging and that will include revisiting my web design course before it expires and learning to use photoshop. 

I have other ideas I want to explore, but I'm trying not to overload myself with too many things at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment