Monday, October 6, 2014

Because yesterday I was inspired and today I rested.

*** This post is part of a 31 day series about learning to try. ***

 

 

Below we have my Savers frames, all filled with left over pages from the book I re-purposed from my bunting project. :-) (And the butterfly came from an old pair of sandals!)
  


I have no brave new tries today. I almost sort of ordered a new drink at my favorite coffee shop? The day isn't over yet, but so far I have been intentional to rest until I went to work this evening. So instead I'll show you pictures of what I tried with yesterday.  I'm not finished. I feel like something is missing. But I'm also not giving up. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them! I feel like I'm working a puzzle without the box, and with pieces from lots of puzzles all mixed together. And I am trying to make the pieces into a whole. (The stuff on the walls was randomly placed where nails were left from my old art.)





I am especially proud of this little clock.  It was just boring black and white. 15 minutes later with the help of a glue stick an old book page and a few silk flowers I ended up with this. :-)


(Epilogue: After writing this post, I pulled out almost all the nails so I would be forced to try to start fresh)

2 comments:

  1. you could do a grouping over what I think I'm seeing is your side table, like maybe the octagonal stone shapes with the bright butterflies...you could stack them up vertically over the nightstand. Then maybe take the rest and do a grouping over your bed (?)..and maybe find one other thing that is way bigger, to off set the smaller pieces...just ideas! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea! I was definitely inspired by seeing the pictures of your walls. I had thought that having all my pieces be roughly the same size was actually making it harder.
      I'm thinking of extending my bunting around the corner to go across the top of this wall too, but I'm not sure if that would be too much or not. But I suppose if it is too much, it is easy enough to take down. :-)

      Delete