Sunday, October 26, 2014

I ordered stir fry!!!


This post is part of a 31 day series about Trying New Things.

Day 26

Today my friends Karen and Maggie were kind enough to let me join them for lunch. It was Maggie's turn to pick and she selected Fire Bowl Cafe. A place I had been inside only once before... to pick up an order for my old manager. I had no idea what I was getting into. But in the spirit of trying new things I got chicken with creamy coconut curry sauce with a mix of spring veggies that included water chestnuts and shredded bamboo (!!!) on a bed of brown rice.  And it was delicious!  So thanks Maggie! :-D 



*******

At work this afternoon I tried playing memory with Miss K. I was so impressed with how well she listened while I explained the rules and tried to follow instructions. (Historically she has only wanted to play games where she could dictate every last detail.) and she was so cute about cheering equally whenever either of us got a match, and didn't let herself get upset when I had more matches at the beginning (I got lucky). Which is also a big improvement because she is one of the most competitive children I've ever met.  When she grows up she will be a force to be recond with! 

I'm thinking I should try bringing more new games to reach her in the future. :-)

Also saw this picture in a craft book. Isn't it precious?!?!  I think I know a few little girls who need one! Maybe for Christmas... Hmmm.




Tonight I came home and made myself (decaf) Irish breakfast tea prepared chai style with boiling milk and water, and I sweetened with xylitol, honey, and cinnamon. It's delicious! Of all the things I did in Atlanta last weekend, learning the proper way to make chai tea may have been the most life changing. ;-) 



And that's all for now folks!

Tomorrow I hope to get caught up on laundry, clean my room, and paint my rug. I don't have to leave for work until 5pm so this all should be totally doable. ;-D

Want to read yesterday? And here is tomorrow. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment