Sunday, October 12, 2014

Let the count down begin....

*** This post is part of a 31 day series about learning to try ***

Day 12

Today my sister and I sat down and prayed and pow wow-ed and at the end of it, we agreed on which apartment we want to apply for!!!  AND I actually submitted the first part of the application processes!!!!!  After almost a year of waiting and wondering and looking, it is finally happening!  And if we get accepted we'll be moving in a month!  Which means I will officially stop trying to decorate my current room and will instead start doing even more downsizing!

I have decided that I want to paint 3 of my matching bookcases light grey and add trim. Haven't decided exactly how that is going to happen yet, but I can't afford nice new bookcases and my bookcases in their current state just look sad and tired to me.  (The bookshelves I have now are very basic white laminate over particle board.)  And if I don't do it now, I will probably never do it!  So sometime in the next month I need to pull all the books off, wipe them down, and paint!  And I'm out of town next weekend!  I'm hoping this project can be knocked out in a day. 

And because all I've talked about lately is my room, and work, and food....
Today I tried wearing a lace jacket to church that I cut the lining out of on a whim one day.  It fits so much better now and I got several compliments!  I ALMOST didn't wear it because I hadn't completely finished fixing the hem, but then I decided that it was beautifully imperfect and I wore it anyway. :-)

Are any of my faithful readers renting right now? Do you have any tips for first time renters?

Hope you have had a relaxing weekend and feel recharged for the week ahead!

Blessings!

Chelsea

4 comments:

  1. What about this http://www.pinterest.com/pin/135248795029897236/ or this http://www.pinterest.com/pin/135248795030796445/ ? It looks like a fun way to spiffy up some bookcases! I want to try it with our sometime. I imagine a nice purple would look lovely with the grey! Are you still doing butterflies in your room after you move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of doing something like this in my cube shelves, but I have 3 taller bookcases (which look almost exactly like the billy shelves but i think mine came from target) and I have them so full, you wouldn't really be able to see what was on the back panel much. My bigger issue with them is that they are getting all faded and yellowy in the front, and they are so flimsy looking that they make me sad. I want to add some trim so that they look more like this: http://ikeahackers.net/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-4VCraX3Op5o/TwiyBB50lYI/AAAAAAAAX_E/Pl9Shl4NjJM/s640/rounded%2B530-724092.jpg

      Delete
  2. Fun! Good for you for trying a new lace jacket and doing something with the lining to change it up. And yes, do the shelves now or you'll never do them! So happy you have hope for getting an apartment. Hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My to do list keeps growing longer faster than I can catch up! But I suppose that is life. :-)

      Delete