Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Superb Saturday! Part 1 - Love the Rock


This post is part of a 31 day series about learning to try.

Day 25 - part 1 - Love the Rock.
(Part 2 is over here!)

Today was such a full day that I don't want to cram it all into one post, especially since the day was split between entirely different places, people, and plans! ;-) 


My mom and dad and I helped volunteer with our church and 1400 other people from churches all over town to help love on our city! It was such an incredible experience and fun to boot!


I don't have any true before pictures, but this is what it looked like when I got there. 



All done! After clearing out the old plants we got dozens of plants planted and laid out thousands of rocks! I admittedly mostly just moved trash bags, gathered empty "buckets", and swept the pathways, but I was still happy to be there and do my little bit to help! Many hands made light work and we got everything done in just a couple of hours!!! My mom helped lay out the guidelines for the rock path and my dad helped move lots of wheelbarrows full of rocks and a few kids grabbed rides too! :-)

It was such a privilege to be part of such an awesome event and I'm already looking forward to next year! 


My souvenirs :-) I've been gathering different pieces of fall over the last couple of weeks to use in seasonal decorating in my new place. How exactly I don't know but I'll figure it out. :-)

You can read about the second half of my fun filled day here

Day 24 is over here in yesterday and tomorrow has Day 26.





No comments:

Post a Comment